Discover them all whilst staying
at our cosy cottage
Places Of Interest In The Area
Northumberland is home to more castles than any other county in England. Here you will be able to explore famous fortresses, ghostly grounds and opulent state rooms. A day spent at one of Northumberland castles is definitely a day to remember.
The cottage is named after the Chevy Chase Fell Race, an annual event organised by the Wooler Running Club.
The race starts and ends a mere 100 yards from the cottage.
The race is a 20 mile journey through some of the finest upland scenery within the National Park, giving runners of all ages the opportunity to channel their energies into a rewarding and demanding challenge that tests both their personal fitness and stamina.
Chevy Chase is located on a slight incline, some two minutes stroll from the Wooler village centre. Wooler sits on the banks of the Wooler Water, a tributary of the River Till and ultimately the River Tweed.
Berwick upon Tweed
To the west of the village lies Northumberland National Park (4 miles) covering some 400 square miles and is designated an area of ‘Outstanding Natural Beauty’ and is the least populated of the English National Parks.
national park website
In close proximity are four scenic valleys, Beamish, Harthope, Coquet and College, recently voted the most tranquil location in England. The National Park provides some of the most spectacular walking in the country with its vast expanse of grouse moors, where splendid solitude abates.
– From Newcastle upon Tyne on the A 1 just north of Morpeth exit onto the A 697 signposted Coldstream. Follow the A 697 for some 30 miles to Wooler
– When approaching from the south turn left off the A 697 immediately having crossed the river bridge over the Wooler Water
– After some 400 yards towards the village centre turn left into Cheviot Street opposite the Co-Op store.
– Chevy Chase Cottage can be found some 300 yards on the left after the Presbyterian Church.
– Continue into the village high street.
– At the end of the high street turn right opposite the Co-Op store into Cheviot Street. Chevy Chase Cottage can be found some 300 yards on the left after the Presbyterian Church.